Quotes

Life is short, break the rules. Forgive quickly, kiss slowly. Love truly, laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that makes you smile. - Samuel Longhorne Clemens (Mark Twain)

Sunday, July 20, 2014

Train Spotting on the road.

I varied my trip to Ft Collins and went up Highway 85 and 60 just to see what I might be able to see on the UP line. It was a pretty good day! Three trains including one with an unusual cargo. Check out the pictures for something a little different on the rails.


I managed to get a picture of one engines on this freight train. UP 1396 a GP40P-2

A lone grain car on a siding, all the way from Canada!

It took me a minute to realize what these were. They are the blades for windmills. I have never been this close to these I had no idea how big they really were.



And the final train of the day, a grain train pulled by UP 4634 an SD40M-2

On Sunday I was running to the Nursery on the north side of Ft Collins when I spotted this trio of engines pulling even more grain cars.

UP 6554 is an AC44CW

UP 2810 is a SD70M

UP 6371 (I think I have that right, the number is hard to read from this angle, its at least the right make) is another AC44CW

No comments:

Post a Comment