Quotes

Life is short, break the rules. Forgive quickly, kiss slowly. Love truly, laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that makes you smile. - Samuel Longhorne Clemens (Mark Twain)

Sunday, May 31, 2015

Monster Modelworks - The Brick Freight House Background Flat Kit

I received a note from Monster Modelworks that they were discontinuing a kit that I wanted. So I figured I better get it while I still good. I love the products from this company, they really know how to put a laser cutter through its paces. This is basically the dockside of their Freight House kit (which I think is also discontinued). The back edge of my version of the Patch, is only about 3" deep so this will represent one of the industries on that back side. I think I need to go finish my Freight House before I start this one though. I should finish laying track and get the layout into place too. So much to do, so little time.

Here is a quick look at the kit. 


Nice sturdy box, I love sturdy boxes

Three sets of instructions to get you through the kit. Don't worry two of them are about how to paint and weather it.

Sealed backs of parts. Despite the complexity it should go together pretty quick

Close up on the brick detail.
Definitely looking forward to getting this one together.

5 comments:

  1. Really nice looking kit and that detail on the brick is excellent. They give you plenty to work with!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love what they do with a laser. The brick on my "Steady Lads" diorama use their brick sheeting. Wonderful stuff.

      Delete
  2. can you tell me the finished footprint of the
    brick
    Freight House flat kit?

    Thanks, ron

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ron,
      I'll have to go digging for it. Right now all of the HO kits have been boxed up and stored in the garage loft. Its going to take a little time to unbury it.

      Delete
    2. Okay, going to take that back: length 12 1/8" inches, 1 3/8" wide at the track level. I'm fairly certain that the over awning extends out a bit farther than that.

      Delete