Quotes

Life is short, break the rules. Forgive quickly, kiss slowly. Love truly, laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that makes you smile. - Samuel Longhorne Clemens (Mark Twain)

Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Building Calamity 26 - The "Hardware" Store - Doors and Floors

I'm pushing a little bit on this build right now since I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. It might be a pinprick but its there. I'm at the point where I can start actually assembling things which is pretty exciting because I think its taken a month to get to this point. But that also means that I needed to at least build the interior doors. Building doors became the evening's project. I had one false start, I started on one door and realized that I really didn't know what the door should really look like and the framing pieces were just to narrow. I did a little searching on the internet and found something that I liked and went with that.

Doors are time consuming and of course had to be built specifically for each opening so I have to get better at making sure all the door openings are the same size. After that I went ahead and assembled the top floor and after that had dried I inserted the interior wall complete with its painted green door (Reaper HD Dragon Green, love it. It hasn't been released yet it showed up in one of my Reaper orders that I made during their paint promotion). So far I think its looking really good, but that roof line is starting to scare me!


First I finished applying the wallpaper to the ground floor front door. Of course I have managed to get paint where it doesn't belong.

Assembling the top floor, you wouldn't think that five pieces of plastic would be that difficult to get together.

Looking pretty good

A bit of a color shift from this angle

The door blank for the top floor interior wall. This is cut from a piece of 1mm thick foamed PVC to serve as a base for the framing.

A the outside framing on the door in place

That's a finished door. Not exactly straight but close enough/

Unpainted doors in their respective walls

Now with a little paint applied. I really like this green

Interior wall in place


A "Ground" level look from the front

And from the back. The roof line is starting to look a little daunting. Oh and I have to build those stairs too or no one is going to be able to get up there.

No comments:

Post a Comment